Have you ever wondered what all the fuss is about fermented foods? From kombucha to sauerkraut it seems to be everywhere! There are plenty of reasons to give them a try and why not make your own? Join us for a workshop that will give you the skills and information you need to get started with fermenting your own foods and drink.
Everyone's talking about 'fermented foods'... for good reason! They’ve been part of cultures around the world for thousands of years as a way to make food last longer, taste better and be better for you. They’re also very easy to make yourself. What’s not to love?
Come along to the hands on Fermented Foods & Drinks Workshop where Leah from Living Sourdough will take you through how to make your own immunity-boosting kefirs, kombucha and kraut. Suitable for beginners or more experienced cooks who perhaps want to learn something new, Leah is a wealth of knowledge keen to share it with you!
- Learn about the benefits of fermented foods on gut health
- Get hands on starting your own batch of sauerkraut
- Take away tips for fermenting other vegetables, as well as kefir and kombucha
- Taste some delicious fermented foods provided by Leah
- Select your choice of starter cultures for brewing your own kefir or kombucha
- Plus recipes to take home for your fermenting adventures!
When: Saturday 9th October 230PM - 430PM
Where: Biome Southport, Brickworks Centre, 107 Ferry Rd Southport. Car parking available onsite.
Cost: $105 per person
Inclusions: Please BYO knife and chopping board. All other equipment provided. Delicious nibbles and drinks provided. You will also receive your choice of starter culture for kefir or kombucha plus a folder of recipes to take home. Participants also enjoy 10% off Biome in-store purchases on the day.